A friend recently linked to this blog, where people from around the world take a photo of their most valuable possessions…what they’d take if they house was burning down. I took my own photo, but did not submit it bc it’s not NEARLY as artsy as theirs (I’d like to try and get an artsy one, but there are a lot of variables…I actually did it twice, forgetting some stuff the second time, and neither are great.).
First, some background. Ever since we’ve had the cats, this has been something I’ve thought about. If some sort of horrible thing happened, how would I round up both Alice AND Hank? It would be like impossible. And then when we got Lucydog, that added another kink into the mix. And now a baby?! omg. So this idea kind of stresses me out.
But if it happened, here’s what I would want to bring:
- Ainsley. I mean, obviously.
- My wallet. Probably there’s no cash in there, but at least I’d have my ID and some basic stuff. Maybe some Starbucks gift cards (I hardly ever go there, but people ALWAYS give you the damn things) to get me by.
- Ainsley’s flat cat. She hasn’t really developed an attachment to it yet, but he’s her “lovey” that goes to bed to snuggle with her every night and I kinda like him, too. And they are doing the same pose above.
- My MacBook…a 2006 model. Macs are a computer that you can develop a sentimental attachment to, because they don’t die all the time.
- One of my many pairs of glasses (so I can see). I would mourn the deal of the rest of them.
- My keys. Not only so I can actually drive my car, by also because there are some sentimental things on there: a “house” key that was my house key growing up (it looks like a HOUSE!!), a “I heart William” keychain that Will got me after college (yes HE bought it for me as a present. lol), a Terps livestrong band thing, etc.
- Ainsley’s letter A, for future sentimental value and to keep the picture project going official-style.
- My original wedding band set. Will got me a new set after Ainsley was born that I wear now every day (which is good because my old set was getting preeeeetty tight), but I would certainly want the diamond he gave me when we were 18. It even still has a bit of coal in it, which makes it worth less but kind of cooler to me.
- A ring with a blue stone (topaz?) that belonged to my Mom Mom. I wore it at my wedding for my “something blue.”
- A gold necklace with a replica of Will’s sheriff badge that he gave me the first Christmas after we were married.
- A ring I got in Hawaii when we went there in 2009. I way overpaid for it, but I like it and we may never go back to Hawaii again.
- Not pictured: Alice, Hank, and of course Will.
There are other things that I’d like to take (more jewelry, more stuff from Ainsley’s birth, my external HD, camera), but the only thing I left out of the pics that I would def want to take is my copy of Ferdinand. Damn, I should take the pic again with that because I would be SERIOUSLY pissed if I ever lost it.
So…what would you take?